Grow Group Questions – April 23, 2023
- Men, make sure you sign up for the Men’s Breakfast on Saturday. Follow this link to register and come together.
- What movie or book comes to mind when thinking about “end times”? Summarize the plot for the group.
Sermon/Text Discussion-1 John 2:18-23 (The Podcast will help with these questions)
- How does the idea that “we are living in the last days” change the way you want to live your life? Can you give examples?
- What is one specific belief that you are willing to fight to defend?
- If you had to, could you point to Scripture to defend it?
- Why is this “the one” you would fight for?
Going Deeper – 1 John 2:24-27
- Have you ever heard anyone say that God told them to do/not do something?
- What was your response?
- Have you ever asked God about a key life decision in prayer?
- Did you wait for an answer?
- How did you most want God to speak to you?
- Did he respond that way, not at all, or did you see Him speak in another way?
- What are some of the things that keep us from hearing the Holy Spirit speak to us? (busyness, fear, thinking: “I’m not sure he speaks”)
- Where in your life can you create times to listen to the Holy Spirit more?
Pray for each other based on the last question shared in discussion.