Grow Group Questions – April 16, 2023
- Neighbor’s Day is April 22nd. This is a call to the entire church to come and serve together. Please discuss signing up as a group. Follow this link (sign up) to participate.
- Do you have a favorite poem? What is it and why?
Sermon & Scripture Discussion – 1 John 2:12-14
- What type of encouragement do you find when reading John’s poem?
- Pastor David said: “John wants his readers to be reminded of the faith and power God has given them, and to have security in their relationship with Him”.
- What does this poem tell you about who you are in Christ?
- What does this poem tell you about what you have in Christ?
- Of the three different pictures of encouragement John shares in his letter, which encouragement do you need to hear today and why?
- I am a child who is forgiven by God and knows Him as my Father
- I am like a father. I know God closely and can show Him to others.
- I am like a young man, who has conquered the enemy in my life.
Going Deeper – 1 John 2:15-17 (The Podcast will help with these questions)
- What does John mean when he says “The World?” What does that represent to us?
- John said we choose to love the world over God when we surrender to:
- “the desires of the flesh”
- “the desires of the eyes”
- “pride in the possessions of life”
- Which one of these areas is drawing you away from loving God?
- How can we fight against the three areas John listed, so we know we are loving God more than the world?
- John closes by saying “the one who does the will of God will remain…”
- How can we know the will of God for our lives and live it out of love for Him?
Pray for each other based on the “going deeper” discussion.