Grow Group Questions ~ May 14, 2023
Announcement: Family dedications (child) will be held on May 21st. Follow this link if you are interested in participating (Link Here)
- Who has made you feel the most loved in your life and why?
Sermon Discussion-1 John 4:15-21
- John says “God Is Love”. (The Podcast focused on this the most)
- What is your definition of perfect love?
- Are there things that flow out of God’s love that are hard for you to embrace?
- How do your behaviors and attitudes reflect one who still believes God’s love is dependent on your actions?
- What are some of your fears about God? About others? About circumstances?
- How does the perfect love of God address each one of these fears?
- How can “remaining in” God’s perfect love bring us closer to God?
- What do you think keeps you from experiencing that love and closeness with God?
- How can you run to God to grow in that area of your life?
Going Deeper – 1 John 3:16-20, 4:7-11:
- The “agape” love in 1 John could be defined as: an intelligent, purposeful attitude of esteem and devotion; a selfless, purposeful, outgoing attitude that desires to do good to the one loved.
- In light of this definition, how would you define hate?
- Is it possible to walk in love yet “not like” another? Explain your answer.
- What is John’s message to us regarding hard relationships if we claim to love God?
- Think about a relationship in which you are struggling to offer Love.
- How is God challenging you? What behavior or attitude needs to change?
Prayer (Considering this and using it as a prayer prompt for group prayer time)